Paying for college can be one of the most challenging parts of your education. Whether paying for tuition, books, or any other costs associated with your education, a student loan from the credit union can help fill the gaps that federal aid may leave behind. With lower interest rates and no origination fees, you could save hundreds of dollars a year by choosing our student loan solution.
Before applying for a Student Choice Loan Solution, be sure to follow these steps:
- Fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form found at fafsa.ed.gov
- Find out what scholarships you may be eligible for:
- Check with your financial aid office for scholarship listings and then apply for as many as you can. You may be surprised at how many scholarships are available. While many will not pay for your entire tuition, every little bit you don’t have to borrow helps.
- Take the maximum amount of Federal Stafford Loans before applying for the Student Choice Loan Solution. On subsidized loans while you’re in school:
- Government pays the interest
- Caps the interest rate
Who is eligible?
Undergraduate students enrolled at least half-time in a four year degree-granting program at a public or private non-profit school. Over 1,700 schools and campuses across the U.S. are eligible. Only members are eligible for student loans through the Credit Union.
How much can I borrow?
Once approved, students can borrow up to the school’s calculated cost of attendance less other financial aid received. The exact amount will be certified by the school. The aggregate maximum (total amount you can borrow throughout your college career) is $75,000.
How quickly are the funds disbursed?
Funds are disbursed directly to the school by Truity Credit Union on the date the school requests payment. Any excess funds beyond what is needed by the school will be disbursed to the student by the school.
*Subject to credit qualification and annual credit review.
University Accounting Service (UAS) is the loan servicer for your Student Choice loan account.
To view your current account balance and make a payment, click here to visit the UAS website.
For loan payments sent via mail, please send to:
University Accounting Service
P.O. Box 3167
Milwaukee, WI 53201-3167
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, you may contact UAS directly by calling 800-723-2210.