You're Covered with Credit and Dark Web Monitoring
COVID-19 has introduced many new challenges in our daily lives. Unfortunately, fraud and identity theft are now more of a threat than ever before due to the pandemic circumstances. According to a recent report by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), “In 2020, the FTC got about 1.4 million reports of identity theft, double the number from 2019. Repeatedly, identity thieves targeted government funds earmarked to help people hard hit financially by the pandemic.” Read more.
Truity has you covered! If you are a Preferred or Advantage Checking primary account holder, you can access credit and dark web monitoring services at no additional cost. These services will give you further visibility into fraudulent transactions that may occur outside of our financial institution. We also provide fully managed identity theft recovery services if you become a victim of this type of fraud, also at no additional cost.
Check out an overview below of our credit and dark web monitoring services.
- One Bureau Credit Monitoring: Watches for new activity that might appear on your TransUnion® credit report, including credit inquiries, new credit lines, derogatory credit, name changes and address changes.
- Monthly Credit Scores: You may access your TransUnion® credit score, once per calendar month, on-demand. As you request your score, it will be documented on a timeline to see unexpected changes that might indicate identity theft graphically.
- Annual Credit Report: One TransUnion® credit report every 12 months, on-demand, can help you benchmark your credit standing and uncover pre-existing credit issues.
Dark Web Monitoring
- Dark Web 101: The Dark Web is a subset that makes up about 5% of the Deep Web. It is a place where criminals and law enforcement work anonymously, to quite different ends. The Dark Web is only accessible through a specific search engine. The main difference is that computers using this search engine are disguised, and users can interact without risk of being identified or exposed. Read Part 1 of our Dark Web Monitoring series.
- Coverage: With Truity’s dark web monitoring service, you can enter exactly what information you’d like to keep an extra eye on- an email address, credit card number, etc. Dark web monitoring scans the deep and dark web using sophisticated technology and human spies looking for your personal information. If any of your registered information is detected in this environment as being used or transacted fraudulently, you will be alerted and provided with corrective actions. This service also offers easy, online storage of your credential data for retrieval in the event of a theft of a purse or wallet or home disaster.
Your financial health and wellbeing are our top priority, and we’re here to help! Contact us
today for more information on how to activate this coverage or to upgrade or open a new Truity checking account