Outdoor Fun on a Shoestring Budget
Summer activities don’t have to go by the wayside if your family is on a budget! Consider these 10 budget ideas to spend more time with your family outdoors this summer:
- Play basketball or tennis at a neighborhood park
- Spend a day on rented inline skates touring a new part of town
- Attend a free public outdoor concert at a local park
- Visit your local zoo during discount days (many offer one day/week that’s free)
- Throw a potluck barbecue with friends and offer several outdoor activities for the kiddos to participate in while the parents catch up
- Spend the day at the local community pool
- Schedule a day car trip to visit local attractions. Many people haven’t seen the top tourist attractions in their own town, let alone those within an hour or two of their home.
- Pack a picnic basket full of yummy items and head to a local outdoor attraction. Be sure to pack Frisbees or other games to keep everyone entertained for a few hours.
- Invite friends over for a day of art outdoors. You could set up several craft tables, where each child could rotate, giving everyone a variety of options and great items to take home at the end of the day.
- Get the entire family involved in a landscaping project
Your family can still enjoy a great summer, no matter what your budget is!