You and your family have dreams and goals that may change over time, but protecting your family and loved ones will always be important. Our partner-provided Whole Life Insurance offers permanent life insurance with fixed premiums and guaranteed death benefit protection.
Protection for Adults
Protect your family while also saving for their future:
- Less than a $1.50 a day for $50,000 coverage1
- Quick, easy coverage – no medical exam2
- Guaranteed death benefit
- Builds tax-deferred cash value
Protection for Children
Take a step in the right direction – provide a financially sound future for your child:
- Coverage is guaranteed and doubles at age 18
- Premiums are locked in based on issue age and never increase
- Less than 50 cents a day for $25,000 of coverage3
- Provides a head start on college savings
- Opportunities to increase coverage up to 10 times original amount without underwriting
This permanent, Whole Life Insurance policy provides guaranteed protection for the life of the contract. The following features are automatically included in your policy at no additional cost:
- Get early access to a portion of your death benefit coverage in the event of your terminal illness. The Accelerated Benefit Agreement (ABA) is included in your policy for no additional charge and with no effect on premium amount.
- Ensure your protection remains in force even if you miss a payment. The Automatic Premium Loan (APL) Provision allows a policy loan to be taken from your policy to pay the premium due and guarantee the contract will not lapse. The Automatic Premium Loan can only be effective if your policy has available loan value.
You also have the flexibility to increase your coverage amount, without the need for underwriting, for an additional cost. Providing you are under the age of 32, the Guaranteed Insurability Option (GIO) Agreement allows you to add additional coverage by providing a new policy each time you exercise this feature. The new policy will have a new premium and your original premium will remain the same. This feature can be exercised at the ages 25, 28, 31, and 34, in the event of your marriage or the birth or adoption of a child.4
|Secure Promise Whole Life
||Non-participating whole life
||Adults: 18–65 years
Children: 14 days – 17 years
||Adults: $10,000 to $150,000 selected in $5,000 increments
Children: $10,000 to $75,000 selected in $5,000 increments
|Guaranteed interest rate
||Standard Non-Tobacco, Standard Tobacco
|Minimum base premium
||Greater of $30 and the amount needed to support the requested face amount
|Fixed loan rates
||5.0% interest charged in arrears
||Accelerated Benefit Agreement, Automatic Premium Loan Provision Agreement, Guaranteed Insurability Option Agreement
What is whole life insurance?
A life insurance policy that is guaranteed to remain in force for the insured’s entire lifetime to maturity date, as long payments are made. Whole life insurance is the most predictable type of coverage, your death benefit and cost are guaranteed.
Will my whole life insurance premium ever go up?
No, your premiums are guaranteed not to go up during the specified term as long as premiums are paid according to policy specifications.
Can the company cancel my coverage if I get sick after my term life insurance policy is in-force?
Whole life insurance coverage cannot be canceled as long as premiums are paid according to policy specifications.
How much coverage should I purchase?
In most cases, if you have no dependents and have enough money to pay your final expenses, you may not need life insurance.
If you have dependents, consider buying enough life insurance so that, when combined with other sources of income, it will replace the income you now generate for them. Here are some additional things to keep in mind as you make your decision:
- How many children do you have and how old are they?
- Who primarily cares for your children? Would that change after your death?
- Do you already have college funds and retirement savings?
- Does your spouse work? Would that change after your death?
- What will it cost to pay off your home mortgage and other debt?
- What will it cost for your family to maintain their lifestyle?
What types of payment plans are offered?
A variety of payment options are available, including having your payments automatically deducted from your bank account, monthly or annual credit card payments, and direct bill. Options vary by insurance company.
What is a waiver of premium rider?
This is an optional rider on some life insurance policies that waive the cost of your policy in the event you become disabled.
What is a child rider?
This is an optional rider that provide coverage for your children. Usually the options are between $1,000 to $25,000 of coverage.
Do I have to go through a medical exam to get my coverage?
No, some policies do not require a medical exam.
No related FAQs are available.
This Whole Life insurance product is offered by an affiliate of Truity Credit Union and is not NCUA or NCUSIF insured. Truity Credit Union does not provide or guarantee this product and may not be held responsible in any event. Truity’s privacy policies do not apply to linked websites. You should consult the privacy disclosures on the Allied Solutions website for further information. Insurance representatives are employees of Allied Solutions and are not employees of Truity Credit Union.
1 For a 24-year-old female, Non-Tobacco. Rates vary by age, gender and tobacco status.
2 Decision is based on answers to health questions.
3 For an 8-year-old male, Non-Tobacco. Rates vary by age and gender.
4 There is a charge for this agreement for issue ages over 18.
5 Additional agreements may be available. Agreements may be subject to additional cost and restrictions. Agreements may not be available in all states or may exist under a different name in various states.