Access Your Money Anytime with Online Banking
There’s nothing wrong with being old school. If you’ve got a paper and pencil system that makes your personal finances hum like a well-oiled machine, then, by all means, feel free to stick to it. At the same time, it can’t hurt to try a more advanced system. If you find you aren’t comfortable with electronic (online and mobile) banking, you can always go back to the manual method.
If you’ve been resisting switching over to online or mobile banking, here are some possible incentives to at least give it a shot:
- You are better protected against ID theft since you typically are in touch with account activity more immediately.
- It’s easier to track your balances since you have many ways to access account information.
- It’s better for the environment because of the paperless statements.
- You are less likely to overspend since you can obtain your account information quickly and at any time.
- Online and mobile banking can make expense-tracking and sticking to your spending plan much easier since you have an automatic record of charges whenever you want it.
- You may be able to set up alerts to let you know when certain triggering events happen with your accounts.
- Many forms of online banking easily interface with computer programs that can help you get the most out of your money.
- Many financial institutions allow you to deposit checks or perform other tasks online that otherwise would have necessitated an extra trip.
- Online and mobile banking are typically free. This can save you money over paying fees to do paper banking.
- Both electronic banking types can be done at any time of the day or night.
- Automated online bill-paying features mean never forgetting a bill that’s due. Plus, you don’t have to buy stamps or manage the mess of a bunch of paper bills floating around.
- Transferring money between your accounts literally takes seconds.
- Sending money to others is very simple. Once you set up a connection between your account and that of another person, you can transfer funds with just a few taps.
- Online or mobile banking makes it easy to access your money no matter where you are. If you are traveling, as long as you have access to your computer or smart phone, you can do with your money what you need to.
- You no longer have to guess at when your money is available. If you usually find yourself waiting for checks to clear, you can instead set up an alert to tell you when the funds are available. This will save you a great deal of time calling the bank to see if you have access to the money yet.
Online and mobile banking is secure and generally extremely easy and free to use. At the very least, they are worth a shot if you haven’t tried them out yet. Financial institutions love the idea of online/mobile banking, so give them a call, and they will be happy to provide you with all the help you need. Ready to try online banking?
Article by Balance