Overdraft Protection is an insurance for your checking account. You can designate one or more of your accounts to be the back-up should your checking account become overdrawn. Accidents happen, but with Overdraft Protection you don't need to worry. We will transfer funds to your checking account from your overdraft account to pay for purchases. Set up a line of credit as your overdraft account and it is completely free. If you are using a deposit account as your overdraft source, then there is a small $3 fee charged only when you use the service. Don't worry about your checking account, make it start working for you today!
- Overdraft Protection is available on all checking accounts in the event there are not enough funds to cover a withdrawal transaction.
- Overdraft coverage from a savings account will take only the amount needed to cover the transaction and a $3 fee.
- Overdraft Protection is also available from an established line of credit, only the amount necessary to cover the overdraft is advanced and there is no fee.
- Overdraft protection is not available from money market, certificate, or IRA accounts.
- Overdraft protection transfers from a savings account count toward the six (6) electronic access transactions allowed per Reg D; transfers from lines of credit do not.
No related FAQs are available.